I have been working on the next step up of DIY CNC machines which evolves from the options such as the PrintNC and brings DIY cnc router builds to the next level. Featuring items such as ATC spindles, servos, preloaded ball screws and more.
Features of my Professional DIY CNC machine
- P1 Preload rolled C5 ballscrews
- IHSV-57 DC servos on all axis
- Preloaded HG(W) carriages and precision ground rails – double carriages on all axis
- Heavy duty diy cnc z-axis
- 3.5KW 8 pole ATC spindle
- 120×120 Aluminium profile for the gantry which is filled by Durfill for additional vibration dampening
- 80×80 Aluminum profiles for the Y axis which is filled by Durfill for additional vibration dampening
- 100 Kg steel table
- 6mm thick steel brackets
Interested? subscribe to get updates
If you are interested, be sure to sign up to the newsletter to get updates regarding the progress.
Fusion 360 model
For those interested, check out my fusion 360 model here [updated nov 2022]
Currently I’m mainly waiting for the mechanical parts to come in. The electronics such as the spindle and servos are already tested and working.
Items remaining is the plasma cut and powder coated brackets, aluminium profiles and the cnc machined adapters. These should arrive in the coming few weeks (october 2022). And I will be able to start the mechanical build.